Topic of the Week
Women earn 77% of what men earn, this is up from 61 cents per dollar of a man's salary 50 years ago. But it's still not nearly enough for any woman earning only a fraction of what men earn for the exact same job.
Blog of the Week
The Right Wing Has a Vast, Secret Plot to Destroy Unions for Good. Here’s How to Fight Back.
SPN and ALEC have aggressively pursued so-called “right-to-work” legislation as a means of bankrupting unions and knocking out a key component of their opponents’ get-out-the-vote operation. Twenty-eight states now have these anti-union laws on the books.
Thought for the Week
"Take risks; if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wise. "
List of the Week
from Athena Doctrine Survey
Men Just Aren't Cutting It: Worldwide Dissatisfaction With Male Behavior
- Japanese and South Koreans, 79%
- French, 76%
- Brazilians, 70%
- More than two-thirds in Indonesia, Mexico, UK and US
Top Five News Headlines
- Economists lobby for $15 minimum wage
- Home care workforce shortage affects caregiving
- Trump to nominate management-side lawyer Peter Robb for NLRB general counsel
- Fearing revolt from businesses, D.C. to shift focus away from worker protections
- House Republicans are trying to block an Obama-era program to track the gender pay gap