Topic of the Week
Hunting for Red Flags: Surviving a Background Check
You've aced the interview with the right combination of expertise and enthusiasm, but there is one more hurdle, the background check. You're home free, right? Hardly.
Blog of the Week
Seattle's $15 minimum wage raised pay with zero effect on restaurant jobs, new study shows
According to the University of California, Berkeley, study, the increased minimum wage had employment effects that were “not statistically distinguishable from zero,” which is a fancy way of saying “we looked and we could not find a damn thing.”
Thought for the Week
"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
List of the Week
How Companies Keep Top Talent:
- More pay, 43%
- Improving professional development, 18%
- Improving corporate culture, 15%
- Communicating plans for corporate growth, 10%
- Improving benefits, 6%
- More telecommuting, 5%
Top Five News Headlines
- The Foreign Visa Crackdown Is Putting Americans Out of Work
- Trump Takes Steps to Undo Obama Legacy on Labor
- How Much Paid Leave Is Enough?
- ‘Is There a Man I Can Talk To?’: Stories of Sexism in the Workplace
- Texas companies tie worker shortages to immigration fears