Topic of the Week
Can't We All Just Get Along: An Action Plan For Bosses And Employees
At the point at which we workplaces where bosses and employees work together, we seem to struggle more than ever.
Blog of the Week
Dodd-Frank Court Case Could Redefine Whistleblowing
The U.S. Supreme Court is mulling a case with major implications for would-be whistleblowers. At issue is fuzzy language in the whistleblower protections of the Dodd-Frank Act. At stake is the fate of people like Paul Somers, who was fired after he reported wrongdoing, and anyone who might blow the whistle in the future.
Thought for the Week
"The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule but to schedule your priorities. "
List of the Week
911 Readers Favorite Habits
- Sharpen the saw, 11.4%
- Be proactive, 22.4%
- Begin with the end in mind, 25.2%
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood, 40.7%
Top Five News Headlines
- Could recent sexual harassment cases change office design?
- CVS-Aetna deal will change the way many big employers buy employee health-care benefits
- We Got Government Data On 20 Years Of Workplace Sexual Harassment Claims. These Charts Break It Down.
- Gig Economy Gives Workers Freedom, But What About Safety
- Trump Administration Proposes Rollback of Tip-Pooling Rule